I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And she's off......

Today is the first day of a new school year for us!

My daughter has made a switch from a small private Christian school to a large public middle school. Although my husband, Olivia and I toyed with all elements in making this decision, we feel we made the right choice. The middle school is for 6th through 8th grade and with Olivia starting 6th grade, it seemed the perfect time to make a change. I am excited about the opportunities she'll be given in her new school.

Another big change for this year is the fact Olivia will be riding a school bus for the first time ever to and from school. She's thrilled! When she started kindergarten so many years ago (or so it seems), I remember her being very disappointed because she would not be riding a bus. We'll see how long the trill lasts - maybe a week or two (haha).

I'll be anxious to pick her up from the bus stop to hear all about her first day of 6th grade. Oh, and then we're off to the first football game of the season.

And so it begins....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tara! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! It's great to meet you! :) It's always a comfort to hear from other moms and that we all share the same feelings. I'm saying a prayer right now for your sweet daughter too! My girls started a new school too. Same town, just different elementary (well I guess to my kindergartener it's all new) but to my 2nd grader, she was kind of nervous! God bless!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete