Saturday, December 31, 2011
Do you have any New Year's Eve plans? Or do you like to stay safe in your own home like I do?
Regardless of how you bring in the new year, I hope it's the best yet!
Cheers to a Happy 2012!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- #1-I have 2 brothers. One is older and one is younger. Our first names all start with "T", our names each have four letters and we each have a repeating letter. Todd (repeating "d"), Tara (repeating "a") and Tate (repeating "t"). Quite creative on my mom and dad's part, huh?
- #2-I am right handed but have always been fascinated at how left handed people write.
- #3-I have only had about 3-4 jobs my whole life. I'm going on 21 years at my current job. Yay me.
- #4-My husband and I struggled with infertility for almost 2-1/2 years before getting pregnant with my daughter.
- #4-I love to go on vacations where there is warm weather, water and sand.
- #5-I love Diet Coke and coffee.
- #6-I was raised with cats and currently have 2 - Bear and Squeaky. They are 8 years old and they are brothers.
- #7-Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I could eat it for breakfast (duh!), lunch or dinner.
- #8-My parents divorced when I was an adult. Honestly, I have to wonder if that is harder than divorce as a kid.
- #9-I do not make cleaning my house a priority. Yes, it drives me NUTS, but there are other things I would rather do than clean. It's as simple as that.
- #10-I was a bridesmaid 7 or 8 times before I actually became a bride.
- #11-Although Tom and I have been married for 15 years, next week we will celebrate 20 years being together
- #12-I amaze people at work with how fast I can type.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Friday, November 4, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
In a couple weeks my sister-in-laws, my mom and a couple other family friends are heading away for a 2-day shopping trip. I am so excited I can't stand it. I know time flies, but these 2 weeks won't go by fast enough!
Our first stop is here; Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL. I LOVE outlet malls. Gurnee is the Midwest's largest value retail mall with over 200 manufacturer and retail outlet stores. The mall opened in 1991 and covers over 1.8 million square feet. I always feel I'm spending my money wiser when I get a great deal.
After a full day of shopping and a good night's rest we'll be up and ready to start day 2.
Our second day of shopping will be here. I cannot get enough of IKEA. The closest one is a little over 2 hours away so it always has to be a planned trip. I sometimes go with a shopping list and sometimes I just buy on impulse (which is not always a good idea!).
Call me silly, but my FAVORITE item to buy is a 3-pack of scissors for $1.99. Each pack has 3 different sizes-each with a different color handle. I have these all over my house.
Another fun thing about IKEA is their 99 cent breakfast. Yes, that's right 99 cents! On your plate is scrambled eggs, potatoes and bacon. For a little bit more you can even add french toast sticks. Oh, and coffee is FREE until 9:30am. Yeah, that's a great deal!!
I will be sure to post again when the weekend has come and gone so you can hear about how much fun we had and how many things I bought that I couldn't live without.
Is there a certain place you like to shop and get good deals? If so, please share! I'm always looking for new places to explore.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
* We had family over yesterday to meet Leighton. It was so much fun. That poor baby was probably going to sleep good considering all the different hands he was in yesterday.
* I love watching left handed people write. Not sure why, it is just interesting.
* I've been trying to watch The Sing Off every Monday. I believe I've caught every episode so far. It's not that I "love" the show, but there is just something about acapella singing that intrigues me.
* My family has been watching The X Factor. I'm just such an American Idol fan it's hard to really watch it without thinking "hmmm, this isn't how they do it on Idol". Anyway, we're enjoying it.
* I'm out of town for work a few days this week. My husband and daughter will do just fine without me, I'm sure. I am excited because I get to go to Old Time Pottery for the 1st time in about a year while I'm gone. We don't have one close to us and I just love that store.
* One of my brother's birthdays is tomorrow. It's hard to believe he'll be 36. Wow!
* I'm signed up on Pinterest, however; I haven't spent much time on there....UNTIL TODAY. Wow, I kinda got lost in all the DIY crafts they have. My mind is racing on what to do/try first. I can only imagine what will happen when I go to the different recipes posted. Oh boy!
* My mom and two sister-in-laws are taking a weekend trip next month. I cannot wait. We'll be going to Gurnee Mills (an outlet mall - my favorite) and IKEA. We did the same trip last year and are hoping to make it a yearly tradition now.
* I miss my daughter being small/young enough to take her to the pumpkin patch. Oh how I loved to get picture after picture with her and all the different size/colored pumpkins.
*Hard to believe that Black Friday is next month. I'm a huge Black Friday shopper. I love me some good deals. I have to be honest though, most of the time I don't have gift idea lists by then, so a lot of the shopping is either for me, my husband, my daughter or our house. Ha!
I hope you all have a great week!
Monday, October 3, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Fri(END), Boyfri(END), Girlfri(END), Bestfri(END). Everything has an END except...Fam(ILY)! It Has 3 Letters that say I LOVE YOU.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Friday, September 2, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
I still have lots to blog about so hopefully once we fall back into our Fall routine, I can be more active on here. In the meantime, I'll continue to read your blogs to keep up-to-date with all you guys.
Until next time.....
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
I fully admit that it has been difficult keeping my blog up to date now that summer (and hot weather) has finally arrived.
I have so much to post about; vacation, family reunion, trip to Chicago for work, our new little swimming pool, etc. Unfortunately, I don't have a desire to be on my computer once I get home from work.
So consider me MIA from the blogging world until I'm bored or get tired of swimming, going to the beach, laying in the sun....you get the picture.
I hope you all are having a wonderful summer. I'll be back in touch later!
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Every year from the end of May til January I anticipate the start of a new season. I can't believe this season is 2 nights away from being over.
Is your favorite still in it to win it? I have LOVED both Lauren and Scotty since the auditions. Not sure what it is (besides the fact they are both cute as buttons) that drew me to them.
In past years, I have always had one set person I hoped would win. This year it almost doesn't matter. I truly like these two equally. (I'm just beyond thrilled that bad attitude Haley is gone, gone, gone).
Well, we will know on Wednesday who the next AMERICAN IDOL is going to be.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
I'm not much of a cook, baker or candle stick maker; however, I'm willing to try. Next week I've offered to make a fruit salad for a teacher's luncheon at my daughter's school. I, of course, googled "fruit salad" and came across some yummy sounding salads. I've decided to try this one called Coconut Ambrosia Salad.
I realize this recipe is quite simple but that fits me just perfect. It doesn't sound too expensive to make either. That's a good thing since I'll probably be doubling the recipe AND maybe even making some to keep at home. In some of the reviews, it seems that others have added a few fruits to give it more variety and some have even added sour cream to change up the texture a little bit. Not sure how much I'll deviate from the recipe but it's something to consider when I go to the store to buy the ingredients.
What about you? Have you tried a salad like this before? Or, do you have a recipe for a fruit salad you would be willing to share?
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
Starting today I'm on vacation and don't have to go back to work until Monday the 11th. I'm pretty excited to have some time off. Olivia is on Spring break next week which is why I took the week off. Unfortunately (or fortunately), my husband is busy at work and won't be taking time off with us. Just we girls will be going to Indianapolis for 2 nights/3 days. There was talk about maybe Olivia taking a friend, but I think I'm glad it will be just the two of us. Some mother/daughter bonding time. While we're there we are going to see The Acro Cat show. We saw them on Animal Planet and were surprised when we looked them up online that they would be in Indy the same time we are. Another fun activity is our plan to tour Lucas Oil Stadium-home of the Indianapolis Colts. Olivia is so looking forward to this. Have you ever seen the commercials for the Edible Arrangements? You know, the fruit arrangements that can be ordered and delivered like flowers? Well, there are a few stores close to where we're staying so that is something we plan too. For some reason, Olivia is fascinated with them and wants one. They are kinda up there in price (in my opinion), but I did tell her she could get one since it's vacation time.
For the past couple weeks I've been working little by little to re-do our main bathroom upstairs. It started by removing the old tub surround that was cracking. I should have known better that it would be that simple. It's obvious now why the previous owners had a tub surround up. When we moved 8 years ago, I brought my old motif with us. Well, I finally got sick and tired of it. We went from a gold shell theme to a black/white and red zebra theme. It's totally fun. It's not done but this is what I've done so far: put up a new shower curtain (zebra), painted our vanity black and attached red pull knobs, painted our medicine chest black and painted one wall red (the others I painted white). I still want to put up some zebra striped wall paper and border to finish the room. Oh, and I got new towels and rugs (red). It truly makes me feel good to walk in there now.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
- I can't wait to get my bathroom re-do done. Zebra themed w/red accents
- Other than Spring Break, my daughter has less than 9 wks of school left
- We're going to Indianapolis for a few days over Spring Break
- I watched Olivia play basketball yesterday and she didn't know it. I smiled.
- My husband is loving all the gigs his band is getting
- I might start tanning - I'm tired of being "glow in the dark" pale
- I'm lucky to have a healthy family
- A trip to IKEA real soon would be nice. I LOVE that store.
- Sam's Club is one of my new favorite places to shop
- Olivia is just as tall (if not taller) than me and wears a bigger shoe than me
- The price of gas is scary. Not sure if we'll be taking a summer road trip because of it
- My nephew leaves for basic training on April 3rd
- After almost 3 years of being unemployed, my sister-in-law has a job
- I should be working, but I'm playing around on the computer instead
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
I'm letting them enjoy themselves without a whole lot of parental interference. Yes, I have gone to check on them multiple times and yes, I'm asked to go back upstairs every time my daughter sees me.
The music has been loud, the singing has been loud, the conversation has been loud, etc. You get the picture. But right now, I wouldn't have it any other way. Ask me in the morning how I feel!
I'll post some pictures in a few days. In the meantime, pray for me...please!