I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Progress Reports and PTO

Gosh, it seems like school JUST started. That's not the case, though. The kids are half way through their first nine weeks which means progress report time. In the school my daughter use to attend, they only sent progress reports home if a child was in danger of failing. At her new school, the kids get progress reports sent home no matter if they are passing or failing. Granted, with the online tool that I have access to, I can see what her grades are as frequently as I feel it necessary. I had a good idea of what to expect, but I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised when the paperwork came home. Olivia brought home four A's, two B+'s and a P (pass). I am hoping and praying that school continues to go smooth for her. The transition from private to public has been so smooth it's kind of scary.

Side note: Olivia's day consists of 6-60 minute classes; although she technically has 7 classes. I know, it sounds confusing but it's really not. Every other day (green day/gold day) she switches between gym class and a rotation class. The rotation class changes every 9 weeks. This gives the kids more of a variety of classes throughout the year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I am making strides to get involved in the new school. I attended my first PTO meeting last night. I was a little overwhelmed at how much the PTO really does for the school. It's not something I've been exposed to so I didn't know what quite to expect. I'm looking forward to volunteering in all different areas of the school because I think a huge part of how a school exists is through the parents.

How about you? Do you help out at school or day care? If so, I hope you find it as rewarding as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment