I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Inducted

On Thursday evening my daughter was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. Her dad and I couldn't be more proud.








Let me back up a bit...back at the beginning of March there was a notice on the school's website that indicated letters would be sent home with students at the end of March if they had been nominated for the NJHS. Yay! Olivia brought home a letter indicating she was nominated and was asked to fill out an application for the organization.



The NJHS has criteria in the following categories that needs to be met in order to be accepted. They are Scholarship; Leadership; Service; Character and Citizenship. Turns out Olivia has a little bit of all this and was accepted into the program. Go Olivia!






The school had an induction ceremony for the 6th and 7th grade students that met all the criteria to become members of the NJHS. A few of the current 8th grade members read statements as to what each of the criteria signafied and then each student was called up on stage to accept their membership certificate.





To conclude the ceremony all the current and new members, in unison, recited the National Junior Honor Society pledge.



I pledge to maintain high scholastic standing, to hold as fundamental and worthy an untarnished character, to endeavor intelligently and courageously to be a leader, and to give of myself freely in service to others. In so doing, I shall prove myself worthy of a place in the National Junior Honor Society.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! How proud you all must be! thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too:)

    ReplyDelete