I haven't done a random post in a while. So, I guess there is no time like now to do one. While I sit waiting for a load of laundry to finish, I thought I would jot some things down. Here it goes:
1) This morning I went to see I Don't Know How She Does It with my friend Susan. It was a 10:00am show and there were hardly no people in the theater. Yes, popcorn was a must that early. Oh, and, we both really liked the movie.
2) It is supposed to be a nice fall-like weekend here in Northern Indiana. I'm looking forward to it.
3). There is a home Notre Dame game tomorrow which means our town is going to be flooded with out of town guests. Campus is pretty fun on game day. I plan on walking around/tailgating for awhile before the game starts. It should be a good time.
4) Speaking of the game, my daughter has been invited by a friend to go. She's super duper excited as this will be her 1st football game (other than middle school or high school). Tickets are hard to come by (well, maybe not so much now since they aren't starting the season off too good)
5) I'm ready for a long shopping weekend. Last year my two sister-in-laws (locally) and my mom took a couple days and headed to the Chicago area. We hit IKEA and the outlet mall at Gurnee Mills. It was so much fun. I think we're going to try and get something organized for early November.
6) I picked up my daughter's letter jacket yesterday. She had a couple more chevrons added for last year's school stuff. Now she's got 2 with honor patches and one with a choir patch. It makes me so proud to see her arm getting filled up with chevrons. Did you have a letter jacket? I did and wore it with pride. Mine wasn't for academics though (oops), it was for Pom-Poms!
7) My husband started a new job at the end of July. Believe it or not, I'm not used to him working on Saturdays yet. I simply keep forgetting that he's not home 1/2 of the weekend. Random, I know.
8) My daughter is "going out" with her first "boyfriend". I'm not too concerned since they haven't "gone" anywhere yet expect school (haha). We'll see how this goes. I think it's been 3 weeks now!
9) I'm ready to decorate for fall but don't really have the ambition. Within the next couple weeks I'm sure I'll get it done. In the meantime, I'll continue cleaning my house so it at least looks presentable cause that's not always the case.
10) Well, my dryer just buzzed which means I need to get busy again.
Hope you all have a great weekend.