I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yelling

This is a pure venting post. Pure venting...

Am I the only mom of an almost teenager that feels all she does is yell at her daughter? I mean, really. I feel that's all I do these days.

I've tried talking, talking with emphasis, and talking with a raised voice but she just doesn't get it sometimes. This morning it was pure yelling. Loud!

The biggest problem is timing. She always runs late. It doesn't matter if I try having her get ready earlier than "normal" or if I try to give us a few extra "secret" minutes. Nothing works. When she is running late, it makes me late. When I know I'm going to be late for whatever it might be, it gets me angry and I yell.

Yes, I realize that yelling obviously isn't solving the problem. But sometimes it's the way I vent. I need to stop, but sometimes my frustration just isn't as controlled as I would like it to be.

I've been promised that she's going to try working on getting better, and I will work on being more calm during situations like this. It's tough, though...really tough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm done now. Hope you all have a good Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm terrible at this also...I hope to get better one day too!

    ReplyDelete