I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter to all!

This weekend I've been busy doing things around the house and getting all the Easter goodie bags and baskets ready for tomorrow.

I've been ahead of schedule this year, which is kind of scary! Olivia and Leighton are the only two getting "real" Easter baskets. The others I buy for are getting Easter themed lunch bags filled with fun stuff. I figured it would be easier this way. I was even on schedule and sent the two that needed to go out of town earlier this week. Emily and Chris can't be with us for Easter but I still wanted to let them know they are thought of.

Our family always goes to my mom's house for Easter. She loves to have us over; and loves to cook a huge meal for everyone. I'm helping by making a dish I found on pinterest. It's a loaded baked potato casserole. Ingredients are: shredded hash browns, sour cream, shredded cheese bacon bits and ranch dip packet. Everything gets mixed together and cooked for about 45 minutes. Oh gosh, it sounds so good. I'm anxious to eat it already!

Olivia also wanted to make a dessert so we're making coconut macaroons made into nest shapes. I made little cupcakes that we're going to frost and decorate to look like little chicks. The chicks will sit in the nests. I'm hoping they turn out as cute as I picture them to.

I hope your family has a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment