I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ribbon Tree


Yesterday while I was out Black Friday shopping, I was also looking for some neat decorations to finish my mantle. It just needed a little more something on each end.

At Hobby Lobby I became inspired. I saw a Christmas tree made out of ribbon. The colors weren't for me and neither was the price (even at 1/2 off). BUT, I thought, I could do that. I could make that ribbon tree. So, off to the different departments I went for what I needed. I hit the jackpot for the ribbon. All of it was 1/2 off - so each roll was only $2.50. Then I knew I would need a topper. I got that little cutie for 1/2 off also - so it only cost me 50 cents. That's right...2 quarters. I needed a styrofoam tree shape but gosh were the expensive and not on sale. For that item I headed to Michael's with my 50% off anything coupon. And for another $2.50 I walked out with the last of the items I needed. I knew I would need little pins to attach the ribbon to the foam, but I had those at home already. Total project cost $8.00. Rock on!

To make the tree, I needed the ribbon cut into 4" pieces. Then, starting at the bottom I just did row after row after row of alternating ribbon. Each piece was folded (but without a crease) and then pinned to the styrofoam. Here are some pictures of what I did.
The Styrofoam Tree

The ribbon cut into 4" pcs

The first row of ribbon on the tree

The finished Project

Oh how I LOVE how this turned out. I seriously think I might make a couple for gifts this year.

How about you? Have you made any crafts for the holiday? If so, let me know so I can be inspired some more.

Happy Crafting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment