I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Countdown

The countdown is on....

In a couple weeks my sister-in-laws, my mom and a couple other family friends are heading away for a 2-day shopping trip. I am so excited I can't stand it. I know time flies, but these 2 weeks won't go by fast enough!

Our first stop is here; Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL. I LOVE outlet malls. Gurnee is the Midwest's largest value retail mall with over 200 manufacturer and retail outlet stores. The mall opened in 1991 and covers over 1.8 million square feet. I always feel I'm spending my money wiser when I get a great deal.

After a full day of shopping and a good night's rest we'll be up and ready to start day 2.

Our second day of shopping will be here. I cannot get enough of IKEA. The closest one is a little over 2 hours away so it always has to be a planned trip. I sometimes go with a shopping list and sometimes I just buy on impulse (which is not always a good idea!).

Call me silly, but my FAVORITE item to buy is a 3-pack of scissors for $1.99. Each pack has 3 different sizes-each with a different color handle. I have these all over my house.

Another fun thing about IKEA is their 99 cent breakfast. Yes, that's right 99 cents! On your plate is scrambled eggs, potatoes and bacon. For a little bit more you can even add french toast sticks. Oh, and coffee is FREE until 9:30am. Yeah, that's a great deal!!

I will be sure to post again when the weekend has come and gone so you can hear about how much fun we had and how many things I bought that I couldn't live without.

Is there a certain place you like to shop and get good deals? If so, please share! I'm always looking for new places to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment