I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Friday, January 6, 2012

Goals

One thing I want to do this weekend is make a list of goals I would like to accomplish around the house this year. It doesn't matter if things get done in January or December; I just want them done.

What I plan on doing is walking room to room with a notebook and pen (yes, the old fashion way) making notes of what I would like to do in each room. For example: when I get to my little laundry room I will make note that I want to paint it and put up some cute laundry themed decorations. When I get to my 1/2 bath, I'll make a note to remove the dark green wallpaper that is in bad shape and simple paint the walls the same color green. See, stuff like that.

Believe it or not, I'm anxious to do this. I know I'll be overwhelmed when the list is finished, but that's ok. I have a feeling I'll also be surprised at how many little things-that don't cost money-could have been done long, long ago.

Oh, and in addition to making a list of things around the house, I also want to make a list of things I would personally like to accomplish this year. The first thing on the list is going to be learning how to sew. I bought myself a sewing machine on Black Friday and it's still in the box. Years and years ago when I was about my daughter's age, I learned how to sew in 4-H. I'm sure it will come back to me once I get started, but it's just the "getting started" that I'm struggling with.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted as I work toward this/these goals. I'd love to share my success with the blogging world.

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm like you, there are so many things that "just" need to be done and I want to do them this year! I hope we are both successful:) Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete