I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 19 of 31 - Tailgating

Topic is: Tailgating

6 home games
4 down...2 to go

It's football season and that means tailgating! Notre Dame is playing USC this weekend and that means campus is filled with activities.

Enjoying a Saturday afternoon on the beautiful campus of Notre Dame is like no other. It's a beautiful place to be; football season or not.

Today I enjoyed time with my daughter, mom, aunt and extended cousins and their families. What's not to love about spending time with family!?! The weather was a bit "iffy" but all in all it was just fine. We got to enjoy good food and conversation. Some consumed alcohol, but that's not me, so I just stuck to diet coke. The loud music playing, the crowds of fans wearing blue and gold, the excitement, etc. It's just a great place to be on game day.

The campus has so much going on, it's hard to do all there is. It's so fun to watch the players make their way into the stadium. It's so fun to see the band play and watch them march thru the crowd making their way into the stadium. It's so fun walking around the bookstore looking at all the overpriced merchandise that people buy because they are taking in the experience. It's just fun.

It's so hard to believe that tailgating season is now more than 1/2 over. I've been to campus on every home game so far this year. There are only 2 home games left and I'm hoping the weather cooperates to be able to enjoy them as much as I have the first 4.

Go Irish.



No comments:

Post a Comment