I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 24 of 31 - Friendship

Topic is: Friendship

Tonight a couple of my friends met at the funeral home for our classmate that passed away. When we were finished there, we went and grabbed a bite to eat at a local restaurant.

The girlfriends I was with tonight have been my friends for many, many years. One of them since grade school, the other since high school. Another of our "group" wasn't able to make it, but I've known her since grade school as well. True friendship.

Together we have helped each other with boyfriends, school, kids, marriage, work, illness, etc. Each of our lives is so different, yet we have so much in common. For example, each of the other 3 friends is either divorced or going thru a divorce. One is re-married. We all have kids ranging in age from 27 down to 12. Oh and 2 of us have grandkids. We all still live in the general area about 20 minutes one way or another from each other.

Getting together with the girls is like a breath of fresh air. No matter what trials or tribulations one or more of us is going through, there's nothing like a fun time of reminiscing and laughter. Oh and is there ever laughter. Deep.down.loud.laughter.

There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment