I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 20 of 31 - Rain On My Parade

Topic is: Rain On My Parade

Why, why, why does it always rain on my parade? You know, the day picked to do all the outside fall lawn stuff? You know, like putting away garden statues, pulling up dead tomato plants, dead heading spring/summer flowers. Like that; that's what my husband and I had planned for today.

The local weather channel DID NOT show rain in the forecast for today. It was supposed to be mostly sunny and 58 degrees. Perfect for doing outside fall clean up.

Guess what? Right before we were getting started on trimming, edging and mowing Mother Nature decided to cry. The lawn mower was already filled with gas, the extension cords were just about ready to be plugged in. But no, not going to happen now.

My fingers are crossed that this little bit of rain doesn't last long and get the grass too wet to start. Regardless, I put everything away so it didn't get wet. Ugh. Bummer. Ugh.

On the plus side (I guess if there is one), we did get all the garden statues, bird baths and benches put away for the season. If that's all that gets accomplished today, I guess there's not much I can do.

I'm motivated and ready to be production so I hope it doesn't rain on my parade much longer.

(side note: we were able to get all the yard work done after all - yay us!)

No comments:

Post a Comment