I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 5 of 31 - Favorite Hobbies

Topic is: Favorite Hobbies

Today I thought I would let you all know what my favorite hobbies are.

At the top of my list is shopping. It can be window shopping, outlet shopping, thrift store shopping, holiday shopping, etc. You name it, I LOVE to shop. My budget does not allow me to free spend like I'd like to, but I am a really, really good bargain shopper so I know I'm always getting the best deal regardless of what I'm buying. Lately I'm really into seeing what kind of great deals I can get from thrift stores such as Goodwill, Salvation Army and  St Vincent DePaul. 

I would say my best deal in a long time just happened a few weeks ago. Goodwill was having a 50% off sale and I found a pair of jean capris that I fell in love with AND they fit. Boom. I got them. Not knowing much about the brand, I googled it. Much to my surprise the capris I had just paid $2.50 for retail for anywhere from $89.00 to $125.00 depending on the store. WHAT? Yep, I got them for $2.50. Pretty darn good, huh?

Another hobby I enjoy is crafting. Unfortunately, I don't spend nearly enough time doing this hobby. I have so many crafting supplies at home that I get overwhelmed on what project I should begin. You see, a problem I have is starting a project and not having time to finish it. That bothers me so sometimes I just find something else to occupy my time.

A very time consuming hobby I indulge in, is spending time on the computer. I love to read blogs, Facebook or look at things on Craigslist. Honestly, I spend way to much time on this stupid thing. I have put household chores on the back burner because of doing things online. It's pretty bad.

Oh yeah, I also love to travel. Although I can't take time off work like I wish I could, I still love to get away whenever I can.  I plan to do a separate post on places I've been so I'm not going to touch too much on this hobby. But, at least I wanted to mention it.

There are other things I enjoy doing, don't get me wrong, but these are probably my most favorite hobbies.

Yay for doing things that make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment