I love my freedom. I love my America.






S'mores anyone?

Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 4 of 31 - My Health

Topic is: My Health

Well, I really wasn't sure what my topic of the day would be....until I woke up with a migraine. So, what better day to talk about health issues.

I am a migraine sufferer and have been for more than 30 years. I started getting migraines in my teens. Many thought it was the weight of my hair since it was very, very long and very, very thick. Actually, that wasn't/isn't the cause but I could see why some would think that. I believe my migraines are hormonal and also occur when I am under stress.

To help prevent migraines, I take a daily pill. This I've been on for maybe 18-20 years. Thank goodness there are no long term effects from being on it so long because I do believe it helps. I've often wondered if I stopped taking it, would my migraines become more frequent. I'm not going to take the chance so I will continue with my daily meds.

When I have a migraine, I take a different pill. It's to be taken upon the onset of a migraine. If I take the pill soon enough, I can get relief within 30 minutes to 1 hour. If I wait too long to take a pill, it takes longer for the full effect of the medicine to work thru my body. Regardless of when I take the pill, it works. The downfall of taking the migraine pill is that it makes me tired, very tired.

Other than my migraines, I am pretty darn healthy. And for that I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment